Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

ROCKS

My son had a wonderful field trip to the Houston Museum of Natural Science on Monday.  Knowing the class would be stopping by the gift shop, I armed him with dough like any good parent would.  This is my son whom I once sent to an LSU baseball game with $20.00 for concessions on one of the hottest days of the year (100+ temps).  He came back with $17.00.  He had only one lemonade.  The cheapskate frugal mom that I am was thrilled at this.
So, again, I gave him $20.00.  He asked what he should get his sisters {((How sweet!))}.  I told him not to worry about them.  The money was alllll for him. He L-O-V-E-S science, so I knew he would get something really cool.

This is what he came back with.
ROCKS.

"What are they made of?"
"I don't know."
"Ten dollars EACH??"
"NOO!!!  They were $9.95.  That's not bad!"
"I hope you L-O-V-E- them."

So, now we are the proud owners of the most expensive rocks ever.  We don't know what they are made of, or how potentially cool they may be, but they're ours.

Maybe I'll use them as paperweights eventually, or book ends for tiny books, or garden accessories, or weapons, or maybe I can frame them in a shadowbox.  This type of spending could drive a tightwad  responsible spender over the edge.  Everything in our house must serve a purpose.  There are too many of us to keep meaningless items around.  If it has no purpose, I typically throw it out or give it away.  Any ideas??

Anyone know what they are?

Lesson:  Be more specific when sending son to buy "whatever" he'd like.  "Whatever" shall not include rocks.

~ACZ

No comments:

Post a Comment