Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sick :/

Abby has been threatening a cough/cold yuckiness for the last couple of days.  This makes for some drag out, throw down quite interesting mornings.  Well, our mornings are typically "interesting", and not in a good way.  Add on top of that some fatigue, watery eyes, and runny nose, and we have a recipe for disaster.  THAT was this morning.  DISASTER. 

It was picture day today, and Abby has barely any shoes to fit her for springtime besides her ratty tennis shoes which she wears proudly and with anything.  My husband was out of town, so I had to drag the whole crew to Target to find some "cute shoes" to wear with her "cute outfit".  Buying shoes for Abby is no easy task.  Her shoe size is a 10 (toddler).  She is 7, almost 8.  Most kids this age are wearing sizes 12 to 2.  They can wear all the cute shoes on the rack that are so adorable this season.  Abby is stuck with Velcro, Dora, Barbie, Disney Princess, weird straps, giant flowers, and ladybugs. It took forever to decide on a suitable shoe that they had in her size.  When we finally did find them, she was so excited.  So was I.  We headed home, and went to bed.  It was that late.

Fast-forward to this morning to a groggy girl full of mucus and sleep.  I am sure you can guess what happened next.  She refused to wear the shoes.  Her ratty old tennis shoes were coming out of the closet.  Cut to the chase.  I won.  She wore them and complained a good part of the day.  Am I sorry for her?  No.  Not at all.

I'm off the subject (as always).  I was only blogging about sick kids.

So, today, after all of the morning drama, I was so thrilled that Abby seems to be feeling a lot better (although still crabby).  When I picked up Catie from daycare, they said, "She complained about her stomach all day.  We took her temperature earlier." {{I am not having another sick daughter so soon}}  I thanked them, and went into detective mode. 

"You know, Cate, if you're sick, you should really rest all day.  I think the best thing for you to do is go to bed when we get home."

"But, Mom, I want to wear my new swimming suit when I get home!"

"Oh...well, we'll see.  You can't wear a swimsuit to bed, and you're sick."

"Oh, Mom, .......no......I'm...I....I...I'm.....I'm all better!"

"Oh, good.  I'm so glad you're not sick."

Girls!

~ACZ

No comments:

Post a Comment