Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Vacation, Day Three

It is the first week of summer vacation.  My kids hung in there from 10:00 until 3:30 ish today while I ran errands for the house that is almost finished.  (Yes, I fed them in that time.  I'm not that cruel.) However, by the time I allowed them the luxury of some quiet time at home, they, nor I, were on speaking terms.

All in all, it was not so bad.  It did cost me a couple of drinks, a bag of Skittles, a Push-Pop, and a Hershey's Cookies-n-Cream bar.   Abby and Zac each lost only 15 minutes off of their lenient summer bedtime of 10:00 for arguing.  This is always a good thing for me, but the worst type of torture for them:). 

It's Catie I am a little concerned about, though.  Each time her sparkly toes exited the air-conditioned chill of the Expedition's cab, she dramatically swooned, "It's hhoooot.....I'm so hhhhooooot."  She needed to be carried, fanned, watered...something to relieve her fragile 3-year-old frame. {{eyes rolling}}.  What do I say at these horrific times to this sweet brown-eyed child?  I say what any loving mother would say. 

--->  "It's June 1st and 99 degrees, babe.  You ain't seen nothin' yet.  Deal with it."

~ACZ

P.S. Another Hermit Crab has passed on at our house.  There was no sadness, no sulking, no pleading for a replacement.  It was cold...cold I tell you.  No more hermit crabs for us, for a long time.

VoTe!! for my blog.  Click the Picket Fences button above!

1 comment:

  1. I can't stop laughing!!!! I have been saying all week, "If it is this hot now, what will it be in August!!!! I always new she and I were kindred spirits.....

    ReplyDelete