Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Is That a Garage I See?

Today, as I returned from a looong day at work, I was able to smoothly pull into my new garage at my new house.  Big deal, you may say.  You have no idea.  You see, at my old house I only was able to park in the garage on very few occasions.  When my husband bought our SUV, he called me and said, "Honey, the truck won't fit in the garage.  It's too wide.  Should I still get it?"  After drying my eyes from the tears of laughter, I said, "Todd, I don't park in the garage. Buy whatever you want!"

Now that we have moved, it has been a long process of unpacking and organizing to get to this day.  How ever was this impossible task finally conquered?

Well, that's easy.  You see, around 2:30 on Wednesday afternoon, my husband sent me a quick, innocent email just as my students went to PE.  It said, "There's a kayak fishing tournament in Lake Charles this weekend.  What do you think?"  I had to sit back and give this some thought.  My husband and I, in our 12 years of marriage, have always been very respectful of allowing each other the time to go and do what we'd like to do whether it be social or hobby. 

Not this time.  The reply he received was long, detailed, heartfelt, definitely more than he bargained for.  To spare the details, it had something to do with junk...mess...clean...respect...work hard all day....hanging shades...love...garage...boxes...Sanford and Son...you get the point.

So, to make a long story short, I came home to a dust colored husband finishing the lawn and a wide open garage to pull into.

Lesson:  Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

~ACZ

No comments:

Post a Comment